How It Works
Donating your unneeded vehicle is EASY! You can either call us at 1-888-686-4483 or complete our on-line donation form.
We need the following information:
Once we have that information and your vehicle is accepted, (we are currently accepting 98% of the vehicles offered) we will mail your “Donor Packet,” which includes:
- Your name, address and phone number, and the address where the vehicle is located.
- The Year, Make and Model of the vehicle
- Title and Registration status.
- The mechanical condition of the vehicle.
- The condition of the body, paint and interior of the vehicle.
- The License Plate number and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
We will then have our tow company contact you to make arrangements to pick up your vehicle.
- The DMV forms necessary (all you do is complete the “Seller” information; we’ll handle the rest).
- Your Donation receipt, which includes information on the tax deductibility of your donation.
A very simple process- much easier than trying to sell the vehicle yourself.
We use a variety of methods to sell your donated vehicle: “retail,” wholesale, via the Internet on craigslist and eBay, consignment, multiple auction yards and auto dismantlers. The decision as to how to sell your vehicle depends on a number of factors, including our 20 years of experience, as to which method will generate the highest sale price at the lowest cost, so your vehicle provides the most money possible to the charity. And the decision is made on a car-by-car basis.
If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you will receive an acknowledgment letter from us stating the sale price of the vehicle and the tax deductibility of your donation. This acknowledgement is also your tax form 1098-C, which you will need to file with your tax return.
We are confident that you will be glad you chose to donate your vehicle though Car Donation Services, and that you will want to refer family and friends to us as well.
Car Donation Services, Inc
4971 Pacheco Blvd
Martinez, CA, 94553-4324